Last Updated: March 5, 2012
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Provide. We may collect information about you in various ways. For example, we collect information when you use our Site to request a quote, make a purchase, or ask for customer service. We may also collect information from you when you visit retail locations that carry our products, interact with us at trade shows or call our customer service call center. The types of personal information we may collect include name, postal address, phone number, fax number, email address and other contact, project or demographic information you provide.
Automatically Collected Information. When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, we automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site.
Web Beacons. We may also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information from Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site;
- provide the products and information you request and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- conduct our product research and development efforts;
- respond to and process your requests, comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you marketing materials and information about promotions, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and select partners;
- send you information related to products, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities on the Sites; and
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- when you request a quote, with retailers who agree to protect the confidentiality of your personal information;
- with other site users when you submit a photo, comment or product rating;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, restructuring, reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information by logging onto the Site or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to the Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-797-7474.